Monday, April 7, 2014

2014 Yellow Springs Farm, Day One- Rory



Today, my first day of my artisan internship, I did a variety of things. One of which was feeding baby goats. The moment I walked into the small barn where all the young kids were stored, the smell really hit me. A very strong urine smell, and the room was really stuffy. So at first it was quite hard to breath. Then, I slowly adjusted to it and didn't notice the smell. 

So the kids were fed milk out of these wacky little feeders made of tubes coming out of a bowl. In the bowl was the milk, and then the kids sucked the tit shaped end of the tubes to get their milk. I personally thought that all of the kids were very cute and fun to be with, even though they smelled a bit on the bad side. 

Taking care of the baby goats is just one step in the process of learning how goat cheese is made.

So that was pretty much the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment