Thursday, April 17, 2014

2014 Janell Wysock Fabrics, Day Three- Simon



Day three
On Wednesday April eighth, I started weaving. First, Janell showed me the two different weaving looms in the studio. One is about 2 x 1.5 m and the other one about 1.5x1 m. Both looms are based on the same principal. You have pedals which lift wooden bars too set up the shed trough which you through the shuttle. Then, you pull the a wooden bar towards you which should make the weaving tight. You have 5 different pedals to make a pattern in the weaving but I used only two of them so I got a plain weaving. On the smaller loom there was a weaving which is supposed to be a scarf in the colors blue, dark gray and light gray.
I wove about 70 inches and finished the weaving. The next step will be to cut the weaving because it's long enough for two scarfs. 

The weaving on the other loom is supposed to be a plain piece of cloth. It is in the colors yellow, gray, black and pink. The special thing with this weaving is that it has cassette tapes weaved in so it's a little bit shiny. I wove a tiny bit on this loom too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment