Monday, April 28, 2014

2014 Leni Hoch Silk Scarves and Fine Fabric Art, Day One- Meghan




Day One:

Today was my first day working and I am not going to lie, I was a bit nervous going into it. When I pulled into her house I noticed all the silks scarves drying on a cloths line, swaying in the breeze.I walked to the front door and went inside. Everyone that works there is so sweet and inviting. They immediately started asking me all sorts of question--"do I know what this is?" They were so amazed how much I knew about fabrics and stitching thanks to the Waldorf education. After I had seen what they do at their company, they each gave me a tour of their own specialty areas-- it was really cool. The first job that was given to me was ironing, I loved this job. The next thing that I did was cut fabrics to all the same size and then give it to Sally to hem. The last thing I did today was packing orders up into boxes and making a packing list-- that was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment