Friday, April 15, 2011

Soapmaking Day 3

By Eve Donnelly

Today I got to make my own soap!
 


I made a grapefruit scented soap that’s yellow with pink swirls. I had to use two containers in order to use two colors.



I had to line my mold with freezer paper which is what Ellen did for many years before she got reusable ones. I began to make the soap. First I mixed the oils and then I added the lye water. I next poured a small amount of the mixture into another container and added pink clay so that I would get a pink color. I added the grapefruit essential oils to the larger container and began to mix it.



As soon the trace began to appear on the top of both mixtures, I swirled the soap with the pink clay in it into the larger container which I then poured into my mold. I covered it and let it sit. We also made whipped shea butter today and packaged it in small containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment